Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Peeves Project

I'm progressing on the hat for Peeves the Poltergeist.  The ribbing is done, and the section where I hope to attach i-cord dangles if time permits.

Alas, this morning I saw that I had gained an extra stictch somewhere along the line and it messed up the row of p3, k3.  I toyed with leaving it.  What does a poltergeist care about a little mistake anyway?  Then again, why make something any shoddier than it has to be?  I dropped down to the mistake, fixed it, and knitted back up again.  Thank goodness for Elizabeth Zimmerman, may she rest in peace.  Without her idea, I would have had to frog every bit of the hat back to the mistake, rather than raveling just the 9 stitches in question.

Spent some time this morning checking out the bios of the Ravelers in the Ravenclaw forum.  It seems like every one of them has cats and blogs.  Then again, maybe everyone on Ravelry is so afflicted.  Am I home at last?  Cats, knitting, and blogging.  Love it!

No comments: