Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Knitting at Hogwarts

Yesterday I started a hat for Peeves the Poltergeist.  Yep, I'm knitting for a ghost, as it were.  The last hat I did was crocheted and I had to re-work the pattern.  The original might have fit a house elf, but not a grown Muggle.

This project fits perfectly with my hope of busting my Wool Shop stash down to size.  I have (had!) two string bags full of yarn.  Most of it was Macauslan Shetland, but some of it was odd bits of doubtful parentage.  Some of these bits were quite odd indeed, being anywhere from four inches to four feet long.

This piece could also be called Kaffe Fasset Does Phrygian.  It will be random stripes of various colors and blends of colors combined with a Michelin Man stitch.  Right now I'm considering a frieze of blue eyes in one of the bands.  Weird is good for this project.

And I have until the end of September to finish, or I'm liable to land in detention.

No comments: