Monday, September 14, 2009

Fun in Ravelry

I've been scouting out the Ravelry site.  There is more knitting stuff there than you can shake a needle at, yet is so organized that even I am not overwhelmed.  I've joined a stash busting group and a Harry Potter group.  Go figure, I'm nuts about a kid's book.  Guess in my heart of hearts I always wanted to go to Hogwarts, I just never knew it.  Maybe because knitting is such a witchly craft.  Take string and turn it into clothing, toys, whatever.  Magic

Took the log cabin afghan to the race track this past weekend.  Got a bit done, though would have gotten more if I hadn't partied so hard.  We go early and stay late and I am flat wiped out by the time we get home.  But my husband loves to watch the cars go round.  I like to knit and watch the wildlife go by.

The afghan traveled well, though.  Good ol' Red Heart, nothing can destroy that.  I love the way this pattern works up so quickly!  The colors change often enough to keep from boring.  The only downside is all the loose ends.  The trouble with color is...loose ends!  Hate weaving them all in, but also hate the dangling threads!

Taking the week off to prepare for a craft show.  I'll get to knit while wax is melting...if I can stay off of the computer.  Speaking of wax, it is back to the cauldron and the fumes of Mulberry.  Candles are another witchly craft.  Maybe there is a theme here.

No comments: