Saturday, March 24, 2007

And it's all for me blog...

Me jolly jolly blog...

Hope everyone had a fine St. Paddy's! We listened to the music all weekend, IRA grousing and all. The leprechaun lanterns glowed and we remembered the days before we moved to the wildwood.

Haven't designed much these days, I'm too caught up in just the joy of knitting. I've completed a string bag and have started another. Have always wanted to do one, but never could find a pattern. Patternworks sells Louet Sales linen and the pattern came with it. Knitting with linen is like knitting with itty bitty bailing twine, but I'm sure the bag will last forever. The second bag I'm doing with the crochet thread available at A.C. Moore...much less expensive!

Still plugging away at the baby afghan and the socks for The Shuj. Have also started back in on dishcloth knitting with the Dishcloth KAL on Yahoo. Maybe I'll join the knitting ring through them and hopefully not hear snarky comments about pictures. I'll supply them when I can...and when I can take a decent photo.

St. Brendan's Fair Isle just grows and grows in my imagination. It now has a dragon on the back in addition to crosses, anchors, and maybe a shilleleagh or two. This will be fun if I ever get it nailed down!

2 comments:

Seedlings said...

The Silk Gauntlets are terrific! What pattern did you use? Can a strong "beginner" knitter work the pattern?

Ellen said...

I'm late answering this, but this pattern isn't particularly hard.